Saturday, August 22, 2009

Watercolored Magnolia

I took a break from my series of 8 to make a sympathy card. My friend Patsy has passed away but will not be forgotten. She was a talented artist & did every craft imaginable. This is a close up before it was made into the card. I wish that the colors on this showed up better in the pictures, because you can't tell that there was a light blue background washed in. This is the stamp I used, by auntieamy.com - They are foam mounted so they cling to acrylic blocks. I used mary Le Plume markers in Brownish grey & Laurel green to ink the stamp, then stamp onto water color paper. I also use the inks from the markers to watercolor in the image. My finished card is 5 1/2 X 5 1/2 and I used papers from K&Co for matting.

7 comments:

  1. WOW! Your water coloring is amazing! Your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,

    I love your mats with flowers. I have been to the Scrapbook Haus in New Braunfels and asked how I could purchase them, can you let me know if you are willing to sell them, they are so beautiful. My email is qnfish@aol.com Thanks, Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING Coloring! Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you lost your friend. This card is a very beautiful card with a lot of the feeling for your friend in it. Thanks for sharing. You did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous image, and I love how you softened the edges by using different colors of markers. Thanks for sharing that tip! So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very beautiful Lisa, I love this image and will have to look into this company. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my LSS has a few AuntieAmy Stamps and they are so intimidating! You used this one beautifully!

    ReplyDelete