Sunday, April 18, 2010

Handmade Gardenia

Gardenia's have always been one of my most favorite flowers. I am pleased at how this Paper Gardenia came out! Gardenia's are used a lot for weddings...and I love how they smell... I am going to try to find some way to make this paper Gardenia smell like the real thing! I think I have seen the scented oil, if I can just figure out how to get it in the flower without discoloring it! Any suggestions???
I think this will be a great wedding card, and the clolors of the accent flowers could be changed to the colors of the wedding. It would also make a great Mother's day card!
Thanks to all who stop by my blog... I would love to hear from you... leave me a hello in the comments an make my day!


15 comments:

  1. Now I thought the sunflower was amazing, but these gardenias take the cake! I also love gardenias. I wonder if you put the oil on a cotton ball, but the flower and the ball in a plastic bag, not let them touch and leave them for a while. I wonder if it would absorb the smell?

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo pretty Lisa! Love how you have set this gorgeous Gardenia with the accent flowers. Terrific card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me with all your gorgeous flowers.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flower, truly awesome.
    People Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! i love how this came out. tutorial? tfs.
    ~jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is WOW... this is amazing! I just love love love your flowers! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so real, you make some gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just happened onto your blog when I googled "Tim holtz adornment" and I gotta say that is the most beautiful flower I have ever seen! How in the world did u make it? Fabtabulous

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just discovered your blog, and am amazed!! I love your style!! And, like you, I LOVE making my own flowers, and yours are absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a huge gardenia bush here at my house...they are truly my favorite flower!!!! Do you have a tutorial or a video on how to make these? I would TRULY love to try to make some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. super card Lisa. your Gardenia looks lovely. Lovely layout as well.
    Hgus Marion

    ReplyDelete
  12. what about trying powder?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautifully done, Lisa!! All of your samples on this page are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow....beautiful Lisa! Love the gardenias!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! I think if you mix a drop or two of the oil in a Ranger Mini Mister and fill it up with alcohol (shake!) it should disperse the oil enough. the alcohol smell goes away pretty fast, just like your everyday perfume.

    ReplyDelete