Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It was meant to be...

On my last road trip I bought an old quilt...I had actually seen it in the antique mall on a previous trip and looked at...but didn't buy it....but I kept thinking about it...wishing I had bought it! So when it was still there the next time around....I felt it was meant to be! It was worn...it had tears and holes in it....but I loved the colors of all the vintage fabrics. I decided to cut it up...first I made a stencil of a heart, then placed the stencil on the quilt so I could decide where to cut out my hearts. I blanket stitched around the edges, then embellished it with a bit of lace and a flower made from a sweater I felted. A lot of recycling going on here!

Hope you can see how I let some of the papers inspire my color choices, when it came to embellishing....at first I didn't know what to do with little quilted yellow heart. The finished size of the card is 5 1/2 X 4 1/4 (regular A2 card size) I have many more quilted hearts of all colors and can't wait to make them into something!

Thanks for stopping by...I would love to hear what you think!!!


Lisa

3 comments: