Sunday, December 11, 2011

KC Willis Workshop in SanAngelo, TX


Last weekend My friend Yuki and I attended  a 2 day workshop with KC Willis in San Angelo, TX and I loved every minute of it! I had never met KC before but had been admiring her work for about a year or so.  Let me tell you she is awesome! I learned so much! Our workshop was small with only 5 students, so we each had a lot of personal attention. Before we got started on our project (a mixed media fabric book) KC told us her story of how she started in her art several years ago. She is very inspirational!
Yuki, KC and myself with one of KC's large canvas pieces.
 KC had a large assortment of her pieces with her because during this trip to Texas to teach a few workshops, she was delivering her art pieces to stores that sell her work. She gave us the opportunity to have first pick if we wanted to buy any of her pieces.  I bought a book kit with 2 of her dvd's and one of her small pieces. I can't wait to watch the dvd's 

Here is the KC Willis piece I bought....it was so hard to pick just one!

This is one of the books KC made that was one of the "samples" for the class.  It was amazing how every one's book turned out so different, but they were all beautiful!!!!
At the end of the second day we each did a show & tell of our books. Here is everyone looking at Ann's book....except me since I was behind the camera.

I will never be able to put into words how much I enjoyed the workshop! It has inspired me so much!
I will have to do another post of the book I made during the workshop!

Thanks for stopping by!

Lisa Phillippi


2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I just did the 3 day class KC Willis class in Ft Worth (in fact Cindy, Jan & I would have been in your class but, we switched to take the 3 day class). LOVED it! I need to do a post this week about it. Time just FLIES! Thanks for sharing. Charlene

    ReplyDelete