Sunday, February 1, 2009

Peony Square


After seeing this stamp used by "PaulaTracy" on SCS (search her gallery on SCS) I decided it was a must have. I absolutely love the way she colors in using prismacolor pencils & gamsol. I had never heard of gamsol, so I googled it & its mineral spirits....which I finally found at Wal-Mart. I have had the pencils since college, 20 yrs ago. I was a commercial art major-but went only 2 yrs. But I am still learning new techniques, thanks to SCS, bloggers and YouTube tutorials! I really like the effect when you use the mineral spirits & a blending stump. This was my first attempt & surprisingly I am pretty happy with it.
The stamp is by Stampendous, background ppr is by My Minds Eye.


6 comments:

  1. This is so awesome Lisa! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly STUNNING! what a beautiful stamp! and your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stamp, and this came out gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic blending - very soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring is absolutely fantastic! And the background goes beautifully with your flowers. Thanks for commenting on my blog the other day! I appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete