Thursday, September 17, 2009

Paper Toling for Fred She Said

This is my first card for the Fred She Said design team. I think this technique is called "paper toling" Here's what I did: I printed the image on watercolor paper (sized to print 9 on a page) I heat set the printer ink, then used Twinkling H20's color 3 flowers. I cut one out for the base with Spellbinders Labels 8, then I sponged the edges & color dusted in come color using pastels & Antique Linen distress ink so my watercolor paper wouldn't be stark white.
The next step is to cut out the other 2 flowers that I had all ready painted. I carefully cut the leaves & the flowers. I shaped them a little and layered them on top of the flower I used a the card base. The patterned papers are from K&Co (from a 12x12 pad)

I hope you Likey!

11 comments:

  1. Love this card! But then I love all of your cards LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gosh!
    That is a stunning, stunning card.
    So soft and elegant.
    I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab card! Lovely flower.
    Please pop over to my blog where I have a little something waiting for you.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the Twinkling H2Os must use mine more :D

    Hugs, Fred

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the paper tole. It's beautiful and the flowers are gorgeous. The card is really one of your best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just keep coming up with more and more beautiful flowers! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is sooo gorgeous! What a lovely technique! Thanks for popping by my blog! You made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a beautiful job on this paper tole card Lisa! Love the soft colors and the accents you used! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful card! i love the colors.
    Thank you for joining my blog candy

    have a great weekend
    hugs
    claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the Design Team....another beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this flowercard is excellent.looks real.thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete