Monday, September 21, 2009

Vintage Christmas Cherub & blog candy

I have been spending way too much time on the computer lately, but you might thank me...I stumbled onto some blogs that have the most wonder full vintage clip art that is free!

This card was made with one from "Shabby Chic papirskatter"
I saved several images to a file, then configured it to print 9 different images to a page(wallet sized) & printed onto cardstock. I have a cheapo ink jet printer and was very surprised at how great it came out. You could also burn them to a CD & have it printed at Office Max. OK, I cut out the image and distressed the edges-I even crumpled it then flattened it out to make it really look old. The striped paper is from websterspages.com and the pine bough punch is by McGill.
I will be creating more cards with these vintage images beacuse I am busting at the seams with ideas for these!
BLOG CANDY to celebrate the hit counter turning over Ten Thousand in only 7 months I am offering blog candy! I have a lot of goodies I have been saving for this including punches, paper, ribbon, stamps, embellishments and more!I promise it will be a great "surprise package" so to enter simply leave me a comment on this post by September 30th & I will draw a winner on October 1st. I would love to hear what your favorite flower is, or what you would like to see more of on my blog. Thanks & good luck!

20 comments:

  1. Love how you did this print and card Lisa! Beautiful! Have just been discovering the Vintage prints too, what fun things to add to cards! Well done and thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Card!! You create all kinds of awesome things... I love looking at your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely vintage card...so beautifully designed!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite flower is the rose, but double peonies come in at a close second. My favorite colors for them are shades of pink. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous! I love that beautiful image and that ribbon is perfect! Just a wonderful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your cards. Wished I could do those type of flowers. Awesome. Love the vintage pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just found your blog and thought I would enter my favorite flower. :) I love Irises. My mom always had them when I was growing up and they just warm my heart. Your flowers are so pretty I just keep coming back to look at the flowers themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa!! First of all, even though I have lapsed in comments, I have visited your blog quite frequently. Congratulations on the DT stint!! WOOHOO! Well deserved, I am so excited to see all of your wonderful designs.
    I love this vintage cherub card. It is just so beautiful with the perfect colors to accent it. You are so incredibly talented. :D I am going to put your blog as my blog pick of the week in my sidebar so everyone can see your wonderful designs. Hugs and happy Thursday Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa - I would love to see you do a demo on how you make your beautiful flowers. They are just gorgeous. I love visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lisa... great blog. I just adore your cards and all the special flowers!!! Would love to see a tutorial on how you make them. Your question is a toughie. Favorite flower... hmmmm... guess I'd have to say roses as my absolute favorite. Thanks so much!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite flower is a hyacinth. I adore the smell! Blend the fragrance of that flower with chocolate and vinegar and immediately brings thoughts of Easter to mind! Your work is beautiful! I just found your blog and have put it in my favorites. I'll be back often! Keep up the wonderful inspiring work!
    Thanks,
    Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lisa! Congrats on 10,000 hits in such a short time. My favourite flower would be the lily, probably because they come in so many shapes and colours. Your stuff is really fantastic! I really enjoy seeing different 3-dish projects like those shoes (too cute!). Keep up the great work and thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to you!!!! I would say my fav. flower is lilacs. Love the smell. You do great work! Thanks for the chance and keep up the great work!!

    Jamie
    mays331@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found your blog and I love your style of stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the vintage look!
    I love pansies! And your flower cards are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! What a gorgeous site. You are so much more advanced than my skills. I am not sure that I can come close to achieving what you have. My favorite flower is the gardenia. They are so simple yet very elegant, not to mention the fragrance. Congrats on your position. I am not familiar with their site but am going there in a few minutes to check it out.

    I do not have a blog nor do I have a site but I love visiting!
    Konnie
    kwren@mfsla.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lisa,
    All your creations are great! More of anything you make would be awesome. I also love anything that can be made for gifts, especially with the holidays coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lisa,
    this is a wonderful vintage card! Just love all the color and softness to it. okay have to make that one too! always waiting for more creations by you! Thank you for inspiring me!!!!!
    Rho

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love them all. I feel fortunate to know you!
    Donna
    d.r.mcewen@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really beautiful card Lisa.
    Hugs Marion

    ReplyDelete