Saturday, October 24, 2009

Custom Order

These matts are for a custom order that I received last month and needed to have done before the end of this month. I may have cut it close, but I finished them on time! I wasn't sure if I should post them because they look so "spring time" and here we are finally getting some fall weather...but here they are anyway!
Both of these matts fit an 8X10 frame, and would accommodate a 5X7 photo. All flowers are made out of cardstock using punches. I really didn't calculate exactly how long they took to make, but it took a while! The hardest part of this custom order was knowing how much to charge. Lets play a game...how much do you think I should have charged? No fair if you all ready know ~because I quoted the price at the time the order was placed. If you guess the actual amount I charged I will send you a prize!
I would love to hear your comments on these even if you don't want to make a guess!

10 comments:

  1. I think you should have charged $50, at least! That is an amazing amount of work and they are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you charged $30! But actually it is much more. They are magnificent! I would like to have a lesson to do them.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa!
    These frames are beautiful. I love making sculptured flowers and yours are outstanding. The colouring on your pansies is lovely. Price wise....It's very hard to put a price as You never get what you have put into it in hours. I would say that you could ask for $40 no problem at all.

    Hugs Marion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sis, You blow me away with your work. I know you..... you never charge what your worth...lol. I think 30.00 to 40.00 . In a boutique they would charge 50.00 to 60.00 I bet. Love you, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just amazing! Each post you out do yourself over and over again! I am just in awe of your talent!

    Thanks for sharing these amazing creations with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is fantastic. I think you charged $40.00

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are lucky to get these no matter what the price! Excellent work Lisa! Love the coloring on your pansies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa... these are simply stunning. Amazing craftmanship. I have done a little work in this area so know exactly how much work is involved, even in just one bloom. Unfortunately to charge for amount work involved (let alone the skill), even at minimum wage people wouldn't want to pay it. Based on that you "should" have charged probably in the region of $90-150. But if you are anything like me you probably charged about $35.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm guessing that you charged even less probably around $25.00 not knowing at the time how long it would really take and the detail that would go into it, but I agree that you should have charged around $50-$60.

    ReplyDelete