Saturday, October 10, 2009

Peace, Joy, Love

I find myself being more & more drawn to everything vintage! The shabby chic style is my favorite, so I have been trying to teach myself to create in this style. This card started with the vintage clip art that I just adore! I wanted it to be a Christmas card, and after playing with several different ideas this is what I ended up with.
The image and layer were cut using Nestabilities Labels 1. The flowers are made with cardstock punched from the small impatiens leaf & the leaves are the large holly leaves. The designer paper is from K&CO and I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the solid pink layer. The stamped sentiment is an "oldie but goodie" (meaning that it was long ago retired) from Stampin'Up.
I have a couple more vintage style things to show you in the next few days...so stay tuned! I would love to hear your thoughts on how this one turned out!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa!

    You have done a lovely job on this card. I haven't gone into vintage but I do love the look.
    You used just the right colours to go with the gorgeous girl. She looks very Christmassy with the flowers in her hair. The roses set it off just nicely. Lovely job on the roses as well.
    Hugs Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Gorgeous card. YOu do the vintage cards so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this romantic, vintage look. The flowers and lace trim are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply beautiful! I'd love to "teach" myself shabby chic, too, but I have no idea where to start. Any chance you remember where that clip art came from? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your vintage card is so beautiful, Lisa. I love victorian images! The shabby chic look is soo pretty as are your roses :)

    Hugs, Fred

    ReplyDelete